¿What do I need to start a Trucking Company?

June 7, 2022 News

The first thing you would need to start a trucking company is to have an address where your company would be settled. It can be your home address. You also would need an idea of the name of your business. With this information, you can start all the paperwork.

Indeed you would need to have your migratory status defined if you are not a native American. If you are an American resident, citizen, asylee, or in the process to determine your migratory status and obtaining an ITIN NUMBER, you can start a company.

These are the steps to starting a Trucking Company:

  1. Decide if the company will work just in the state you are based in, or if the company will work nationwide. It has to be clear if the company will operate interstate or intrastate.
  2. Choose what type of company you want: LLC, Inc., Corp., DBA to register the file to the Secretary of State.
  3. Register your EIN (Employer Identification Number) to the IRS.
  4. Register the USDOT or MC# to the FMCSA.
  5. Obtain the Commercial Auto Insurance.
  6. Process the special permits required by the state where the company will work.
  7. IRP – International Registration Plan.
  8. If the company is Interstate, which means working nationwide, it might process mandatory permits: BOC-3, UCR, IFTA, and Clearinghouse.
  9. Process mandatory Taxes if it is an Interstate Company: IFTA, UCR, Franchise Tax or Annual Tax Report.
  10. Count on an excellent Dispatch Service that guarantees daily & weekly loads.

Personal Truck Services has created more than 1.000 trucking companies. We know well how to do all this process easily and quickly. To get free advice call us or chat us! (832) 3602067[:]